Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Work While You Study and After You Graduate

It is possible to work in Saskatchewan while you are here as a student. Some institutions may offer co-op/internship opportunities for students depending on their program of study. With the changes to the International Student Program, full-time international students enrolled at designated post-secondary educational institutions may work part-time off campus and full-time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit. However, if you wish to work as part of a co-op/internship program, you will need to apply for a co-op work permit.

To learn more about your eligibility to work while you study, visit Studying and Working in Canada as an International Student.

After You Graduate

After you finish your program of studies, you may have several options to remain in Saskatchewan.

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program provides eligible international graduating students with an opportunity to work in Canada for up to three years. Visit Stay in Canada after Graduation for more information.

Saskatchewan's growing economy and population have contributed to competitive wages and strong job prospects in the province. There are many quality work opportunities for international graduates. For information career opportunities available in Saskatchewan, visit For a list of in-demand occupations in Saskatchewan, see the Labour Demand Outlook.

Graduate Retention Program

Anyone who graduates in 2007 or later from an approved program at an eligible institution and lives in Saskatchewan is eligible to apply for the Graduate Retention Program.

The program provides income tax credits of up to $20,000 of tuition fees paid by eligible graduates (including international graduates) who live in Saskatchewan and who file a Saskatchewan income tax return.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve