Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Accountings and Releases

If there are estate assets or estate funds available to be distributed to the beneficiaries, the executor/administrator should provide each beneficiary with an estate accounting and a release. The estate should not be distributed until a signed release is received from every beneficiary. If the executor/administrator is not able to obtain releases from all beneficiaries, an application should be made to the court to have the accounts approved.

Where a beneficiary is under the age of 18, the executor/administrator should obtain a signed release from the legal guardian. The share that is payable to the infant beneficiary is then held in trust according to the will or transferred to Children's Services at the Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee to be held in trust.

If you are a beneficiary of an estate and the executor/administrator has not provided you with an accounting, has not had their accounts approved by the court, or if you believe that the executor/administrator is negligent, you can demand that the executor/administrator provide you with an accounting within 30 days. This request should be in writing and you should retain a copy of the letter for your records.

If the executor/administrator ignores your demand, you may need to retain a lawyer to make an application to the court for an order requiring the executor/administrator to provide you with an accounting.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve