Private and not-for-profit sector employers are eligible.
Publicly funded organizations such as health regions, post-secondary training institutions, public libraries, municipalities and school divisions are not eligible under the program.
Self-Employed individuals are not eligible to participate as CSJG supported trainees.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a Social Insurance Number.
- Both existing and potential employees are eligible.
- Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible.
- Tuition fees or fees charged by the training provider;
- Mandatory student fees;
- Textbooks, software and other required materials;
- Learning material fees; and
- Examination fees.
Training taken prior to an approved contract is not eligible for funding.
Training is flexible. Employers choose the training program and mode of delivery that will meet their needs within the following requirements:
- Must be delivered by a third party not affiliated with the employer applicant;
- Must be a minimum of 24 hours in length per trainee by the same training provider and completed within a 52 week period;
- Must result in a credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.); and
- Must not replace an employer's existing investment in training.
Third-party trainers could include:
- Post-secondary education institutions;
- Private vocational schools, trade unions; and
- Private industry trainers.