Released on November 16, 2016Deputy Premier Don Morgan on behalf of Premier Brad Wall announced the four teams and two individuals who will receive the 2016 Premier's Award for Excellence in the Public Service for their outstanding work this evening.
“It is a great privilege to acknowledge the 2016 award recipients,” Morgan said. “Our province is fortunate to have such dedicated, innovative and compassionate public servants working hard for the citizens of Saskatchewan.”
The Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service recognizes employees of the Saskatchewan public service for exceptional work in the categories of Innovation, Quality Service and Leadership.
The 2016 individual and team recipients are:
- Krystal Aulie, Outstanding Agriculture Advocacy, Ministry of Agriculture (Leadership);
- Sameema Haque, Saskatchewan Asbestos Registry, Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety (Quality Service);
- 2015 Wildfire Season Team, Ministry of Environment (Quality Service);
- Self-Directed Funding Joint Committee Team, Ministry of Social Services (Innovation);
- Inter-Ministry Response Team to La Loche, Ministry of Education (Quality Service); and
- Swift Current Long-Term Care Centre Project Team, SaskBuilds (Innovation).
A ceremony will be held in the new year to recognize the broader Inter-Ministry Response Team to LaLoche. The team is made up of approximately 350 people from across Saskatchewan, including non-public servants, who will receive honourable mentions.
For more information on the Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/honoursawards.
For more information, contact: