Released on December 21, 2016Today, Deputy Premier and Education Minister Don Morgan received the Dan Perrins K-12 Education Governance report.
The report provides some history and context to the Saskatchewan education system and provides three main options for education governance structure for consideration.
The report is available online at www.saskatchewan.ca at http://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/public-consultations/share-your-thoughts-on-the-k-12-education-governance-review. An online submission form and email address (K12govconsultations@gov.sk.ca) is provided to garner public feedback on the report.
“I thank Dan for his extensive work and numerous conversations with school divisions and stakeholders preparing this report,” Morgan said. “I encourage everyone to read the report and submit comments online through our easy-to-use submission form or email address.”
Morgan has appointed a six-person panel to consult with key education stakeholders on the options described in Perrins’ report. Throughout the month of January the panel will engage in face-to-face meetings in a number of locations in the province. The panel will also be informed by the online public submissions. The panel will present their findings to the Minister in February.
The advisory panel members are:
- Ray Morrison (Chair), Saskatoon Public Schools Board Chair;
- Duane Favel, Ile à la Crosse Board of Education Chair;
- Janet Foord, former Southeast Cornerstone board member;
- Ben Grebinski, Director of Education for Prairie Valley School Division;
- Doug Moen, former Deputy Minister to the Premier; and
- Leanne White, Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation.
For more information, contact: