Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Other Testing Options

Whether you have received a positive test result through a rapid antigen test or a PCR test, all residents should self-isolate.


1. PCR Testing

PCR testing is available through Primary Health Care (PHC) providers (physicians and nurse practitioners).  Patients who want a PCR should discuss the appropriateness of testing with their primary care providers. 

Residents who require PCR test results for travel or insurance claims including potential Workers' Compensation Board claims may be required to purchase a test from a private lab service provider for that documentation

COVID-19 vaccinations remain the best defense to prevent serious illness and hospitalizations. The Saskatchewan Health Authority and pharmacies throughout the province continue to provide vaccination clinics. To find a clinic near you please visit COVID-19 Vaccine.


2. Antibody Testing

Antibody (serology) testing is generally limited to the following cases:

  • Patients with suspected multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) due to COVID-19 infection
  • For public health investigation of complicated COVID-19 case transmissions
  • In patients with severe illness who have repeatedly received a negative lab PCR test result

Antibody testing results cannot tell the difference between those who are vaccinated or previously infected with COVID-19. Positive antibody test results will only show that you've either been exposed to COVID-19 OR vaccinated OR both. It cannot tell you if you are protected from COVID-19.


  • Antibody levels decline over time, so an individual may have no measurable antibodies despite having been previously infected.
  • Even with antibodies, individuals can still be re-infected with COVID-19 and capable of transmitting the virus to others.

3. Test Results for Travellers

Anyone who requires PCR test results for travel or insurance claims including potential Workers' Compensation Board claims will be required to purchase a test from a private lab service provider for that documentation.

Under this model, the private lab services collect and process test specimens for asymptomatic people. All patient information collected goes to the SHA, and any specimen that is found to be positive is forwarded to the Roy Romanow Provincial Laboratory for confirmation and verification. All testing performed is included in the weekly COVID situation reports.

If you would like to receive your PCR test results online, sign up for MySaskHealthRecord at

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve