Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Personal Care Home Operators

To apply to operate a personal care home, contact a Ministry of Health consultant at 306-787-1715 for an application package.

It's important that you read and understand the requirements in The Personal Care Homes Act, Regulations and Licensees' Handbook. These documents will give you an idea of what personal care homes are and how they operate.

If you decide to apply for a personal care home licence, you will need to submit a completed information package, including: application forms respecting you and the facility you wish to use, character references, authorization to receive confidential information, satisfactory vulnerable persons criminal record checks, Personal Care Home Orientation Certificate, training (First Aid, Personal Care Worker Course, Medication Assistance, Food Sanitation), policies of insurance, evidence of right to occupy the building, contingency plan, facility drawings, fire inspection reports, abuse policy, conflict of interest/privacy pledge, zoning approval, a staffing plan, etc.

The following information may also be required, if applicable: fire sprinkler inspection, public health inspection, radon results, building inspection, water test, requirements for caring for residents at risk of wandering, security, letter of support from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, operational plan, incorporation documents, etc.

The licensing process can take some time. All of the information must be submitted to the Personal Care Home Consultant as soon as possible so they can review it, obtain further information if necessary, and schedule an inspection. Once these steps are complete they will then make a recommendation to the Director of Licensing respecting your application for a licence. Once the Director reviews and approves the information a licence may be issued.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve