The Innovation and Science Fund will provide funding to Saskatchewan universities, colleges and research institutes in support of projects receiving approval and funding from:
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation;
- The Canada Research Chairs (CRC);
- The Canadian Health Services Research Foundation; and
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research issued through the Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation.
The Innovation and Science Fund is designed to:
- Promote excellence in research at our post-secondary institutions and associated non-profit research institutes;
- Promote research and development partnerships among post-secondary institutions, governments, and the private sector;
- Lever federal research funding for Saskatchewan by ensuring that our institutions are able to effectively compete in national research funding competitions;
- Improve the province's ability to attract and retain high quality scientists and researchers;
- Promote economic growth and quality of life through innovation and research; and
- Develop Saskatchewan's human capital and innovative capacity.
Contact Danya Kordan, Innovation Saskatchewan, at 306-933-7211 for further information.