Insurance Premiums Tax returns must be completed annually. Returns are due no later than March 15th of each calendar year.
You must complete and submit your Insurance Premiums Tax return by the due date to avoid penalty and interest charges.
Insurance companies doing business in Saskatchewan must file an Insurance Premiums Tax return. Marine and reinsurance is exempt from the Insurance Premiums Tax.
How to File
There are three ways to file your Insurance Premiums Tax Return:
- File using Saskatchewan Electronic Tax Service (SETS), which is an online service that offers a secure, fast and convenient way to file your Insurance Premiums Tax Return.
File using SETS
- File your returns by mail:
Make payment at some chartered banks in Canada or Saskatchewan credit unions.
- Complete the Insurance Premiums Tax Return form received by mail
- Make cheque payable to the Minister of Finance
- Forward completed form along with payment to:
Ministry of Finance
Regina SK S4P 2Z6