If you do not agree with a decision made by the WCB, you can request a review or appeal. OWA staff is available to assist you with advice and assistance throughout the WCB appeal process. The OWA may:
- Communicate directly with your case manager;
- Represent you at any scheduled meetings;
- Write and submit appeals on your behalf; and
- Represent you at appeal hearings.
To request assistance, send an application for Request for Services. You will be required to provide your WCB claim number. You must give permission to the OWA to access your WCB file
After you've applied, an Advocate will review your WCB file (and any related files). An Advocate will also contact you to discuss your file. If it is determined that the OWA can assist you, an Advocate may:
- Obtain additional evidence from your doctor or specialist;
- Conduct research on the nature of your injury and your situation; and
- Write an appeal letter to the WCB on your behalf.
If it is determined that the OWA cannot assist you, the Advocate will discuss the assessment of your claim with you and provide a written explanation. If you do not agree with the decision of your advocate, you can submit a written request to have the Manager of Advocacy Services review the Advocate's decision.