Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Case numbers are updated daily. 

Effective December 17, all private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households only.  Review all public health measures 

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Request Help with Your WCB Claim or Appeal

Do you disagree with a decision made on your Workers' Compensation Board (WCB) claim? Are you looking for advice or representation? We can help you with the complex WCB system.

The Office of the Workers' Advocate (OWA) provides free and independent services to injured workers and their families when dealing with the WCB.


1. How the OWA can help

The OWA ensures injured workers receive the full benefits of the provisions of The Workers' Compensation Act, by:

  • Discusses the WCB claim(s) and gives advice on how to proceed. OWA staff offer suggestions and provide help understanding the claims and appeal process.
  • Provides assistance to injured workers to help them prepare an appeal.
  • Provides representation at all levels of the appeal process. That includes communicating with WCB, preparing written submissions and representing a worker at an appeal hearing.
  • Offers seminars and workshops to advocacy groups, unions, employers, and medical and legal professionals on The Workers' Compensation Act and its regulations, policies, and procedures.

To request assistance, send an application for Request for Services. You will be required to provide your WCB claim number. You must give permission to the OWA to access your WCB file.


2. Who can use the service

The OWA can help if:

  • You are an injured worker or family of an injured worker with an existing or denied WCB claim; and
  • You disagree with a decision on your WCB claim.

The OWA can't help if:

  • You have another representative such as a lawyer or union representative; or
  • You are not covered by Saskatchewan Workers' Compensation. If you are covered under another jurisdiction, visit the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety website to find your provincial Workers' Advocate office.

3. Assistance and Representation

If you do not agree with a decision made by the WCB, you can request a review or appeal. OWA staff is available to assist you with advice and assistance throughout the WCB appeal process. The OWA may:

  • Communicate directly with your case manager;
  • Represent you at any scheduled meetings;
  • Write and submit appeals on your behalf; and
  • Represent you at appeal hearings.

To request assistance, send an application for Request for Services. You will be required to provide your WCB claim number. You must give permission to the OWA to access your WCB file

After you've applied, an Advocate will review your WCB file (and any related files). An Advocate will also contact you to discuss your file. If it is determined that the OWA can assist you, an Advocate may:

  • Obtain additional evidence from your doctor or specialist;
  • Conduct research on the nature of your injury and your situation; and
  • Write an appeal letter to the WCB on your behalf.

If it is determined that the OWA cannot assist you, the Advocate will discuss the assessment of your claim with you and provide a written explanation. If you do not agree with the decision of your advocate, you can submit a written request to have the Manager of Advocacy Services review the Advocate's decision.


4. Request for Services

If you would like assistance from the OWA, please fill in the electronic application in the link below.

You must provide your WCB claim number which will allow the OWA to access your WCB claim(s).

Online applications are processed within two business days. Once your application is received, you will be requested to provide written authorization to obtain information from your health care provider.

Request OWA Services

If you prefer to not request services online, please download the Request for Assistance Form and mail the completed form to:

Office of the Workers' Advocate
Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety
300 - 1870 Albert Street
Regina, SK  S4P 4W1


5. Further Information

The OWA provides seminars and workshops on The Workers' Compensation Act and its regulations, policies and procedures. This training is recommended for advocacy groups, unions, employers, and medical and legal professionals. For more information, contact the OWA at 1-877-787-2456.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve