There are two methods for applying for a reclassification or recompletion authorization:
NOTE: If an application is to both reclassify and recomplete the well, either application type can be selected to submit the application.
- If the reclassification or recompletion is required as part of a reservoir application, complete the following steps:
- Ensure the eligibility criteria are met.
- Depending on the reservoir application type, complete the requirements set out for:
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR)
- Spacing Modification
- Storage Projects
- Complete and attach the Reclassification/Recompletion Form (part of reservoir) as part of the Reservoir Application.
- Include all applicable supporting documentation in accordance with the Guideline PNG024.
- Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process and attach the required documents.
NOTE: If a reservoir application is submitted, the reclassification/recompletion detail is to be attached if required (if existing wells are to be reclassed or recompleted as part of that reservoir application) and a separate reclassification/recompletion form is not required.
The applicant will be notified through IRIS whether the application for authorization is approved or denied.