Determining feeding strategies in the Saskatchewan cattle industry requires many considerations. These include:
- The type of cattle and market you are producing for,
- The health of the animal,
- The severity of the weather and the season, and
- The type of feed available.
Keeping cattle healthy from calf to adulthood, through creep feeding, weaning, and providing minerals and the right supplemented feed can increase the value of your production. Saskatchewan.ca provides several information pages and online tools to help you complete tasks such as:
- Start a cattle business,
- Build a better business and marketing strategy based on feed,
- Sustain the production costs vs. marketing gains,
- Feed cattle in normal circumstances and feed shortages, and
- Feed cattle with various health issues.