Business Development Guide
The purpose of the Business Development Guide is to provide business proponents, and those who work with them, with a tool to assist in the business development process. The guide briefly outlines this process and, more importantly, highlights many of the considerable business development and operating resources available to individuals and businesses.
The guide is divided into five main areas:
- Exploring the Idea;
- Evaluating the Idea - Feasibility;
- Developing the Business Plan;
- Implementing Your Business Plan; and
- Ongoing Business Management.
This guide is not intended to be a complete list of all available resources. Rather, the guide outlines a process and highlights some key resources that may be helpful.
Download the Business Development Guide
Business Plan Guide
A business plan is a business development map. Not only does it show your end destination, but it maps out your travel path. It sets out realistic goals and a stable path. The purpose of the business plan is to:
- Help you think through the venture and ensure that you have considered all options and anticipated any potential difficulties.
- Serve as an operating guide as you turn your ideas into a viable business.
- Aid in arranging strategic alliances and obtaining contracts.
- Convince potential funding programs managers, lenders and investors that the proposed venture has merit and that you are in control of the project.
The Business Plan Guide provides a suggested outline of the material that should be included in your business plan. However, the final product will need to be tailored to fit the circumstances of your business.
Download the Business Plan Guide