Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Oil and Gas Development Leasing

Who can apply

  • Anyone with an Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) account and the appropriate permissions assigned by a Security Administrator to submit a well licence application. IRIS is an online business system that supports the development and regulation of Saskatchewan's energy and resources industry.
  • A corporation that is registered through Information Services Corporation (ISC) to do business in Saskatchewan.

When to apply

  • Oil and gas clients apply for a lease at the time they apply for a well licence in IRIS.

How to apply

  • Log in to IRIS and complete the well licence application process.
  • The lease application will be submitted to the Ministry of Agriculture by answering "Yes" to the Disclosure Question D63 "Is the well site/access road(s) on Provincial Crown Agriculture Land?"
  • Applications for a lease on Provincial Crown Agricultural Land must be accompanied by a letter of consent from the existing agricultural lessee. In addition, a survey plan showing the boundaries and the project plan are required; both plans are part of the standard package required for the well licence application.
  • Incomplete submissions will be rejected.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve