The spring 2018 Final Clinical Placement Bursary is now open to applications.
Applications will be accepted in our office until 5:00 p.m. August 1, 2018.
The Ministry of Health offers the following bursary for health education:
- Final Clinical Placement Bursary: For students in a health discipline program who must complete a final clinical placement as a requirement of program completion.
Eligibility for a Saskatchewan Health Clinical Placement Bursary
To be eligible for a Saskatchewan Health Clinical Placement Bursary, you must:
- Be a Saskatchewan resident and hold a valid Saskatchewan Health Services card.
- Have started or will start the final clinical placement between March 1, 2018 and September 30, 2018.
- Complete a Return in Service (RIS) in an approved publicly funded position in rural or northern Saskatchewan. Any community outside Regina or Saskatoon is considered rural.
- Not be in a salaried clinical placement position.
- Submit a completed application no later than 5:00 p.m. August 1, 2018.
If you received funding from the Saskatchewan Health Authority, you can still apply for a Saskatchewan Health Clinical Placement Bursary.
If you received a clinical placement bursary last fiscal year, you will not be eligible to apply for an additional clinical bursary for this fiscal year.
If you are studying outside Saskatchewan, you can still apply for a Saskatchewan Health Bursary if:
- You are enrolled in an eligible training program with an accredited educational institution.
- Your return-in-service must be served in Saskatchewan.