Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Government Calls for Public Representatives on Health Councils

Released on September 8, 2017

Saskatchewan residents who want to make a difference in health care have the opportunity to serve on a number of health professional councils.

The Ministry of Health is seeking motivated people to fill important volunteer public representative positions on 26 self-regulating health councils in Saskatchewan.  Closing date for submission of resumés is October 10.

“Public members help to ensure the best interests of Saskatchewan residents are represented on these health councils,” Health Minister Jim Reiter said.  “We’re looking for people who are motivated to share their knowledge and expertise, and we value their important role in putting patients first.”

Self-regulating health professional associations include the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association, Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals, the Saskatchewan Association of Optometrists, the Saskatchewan Dental Hygienists’ Association and many others.

Residents with relevant skills including prior experience on volunteer boards, councils or committees, are encouraged to apply.  Meetings convene in Regina, Saskatoon or other locations in Saskatchewan.  The time commitment ranges from four to 12 days a year.  Travel expenses and an honorarium will be paid.

Saskatchewan residents interested in serving on a council should submit a resumé including a history of their community involvement and volunteer activities, along with relevant education and employment experience to the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health, Partnerships and Workforce Planning Branch, 3475 Albert Street, Regina, SK S4S 6X6, or email

For additional details, visit and search “health professional associations.”


For more information, contact:

Shirley Xie
Phone: 306-787-4083

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve