Any individual or group may nominate a person, group or team for the Premier's Award for Excellence in the Public Service. Volunteer activities and long-time service are not considered for this award. Posthumous nominations are not eligible.
- Active employees of government ministries
- Some treasury board Crown corporations
- Boards, commissions and agencies
Recipients are people who provide exceptional levels of quality service to clients or the public, develop innovative ideas, or demonstrate extraordinary leadership in performing their daily tasks.
An independent selection committee recommends three to six recipients (individuals or groups/teams) from the nominations received.
What are the recognition criteria for nomination?
The recognition criteria represent what government values most in its public servants-quality service, innovation and leadership:
Exceptional levels of service by an individual or team including:
- Quality, timeliness, accessibility and reliability of services delivered
- The use of creativity and initiative to meet client needs
The development and transformation of new ideas into tangible initiatives, including:
- The use of new technology to enhance program and service delivery or improve upon existing processes and procedures
- The creation of unprecedented programs, services or opportunities for Saskatchewan
- The identification and pursuit of new opportunities for Saskatchewan
Exemplary leadership of a project, program or team that:
- Delivers a one-time or ongoing contribution to clients or the public
- Enhances the quality of the workplace for employees and contributes to the enhancement of diversity, occupational health and safety, workplace culture, and employee development
- Improves processes by transforming established procedures; reducing costs; or increasing efficiencies
Completing the Nomination Form
Please provide the selection committee with the most useful information about your nominee. Use plain language to describe your nominee's achievements, providing only relevant facts and staying within the recommended number of words for describing activities. Carefully consider the criteria for the award (quality service, innovation, leadership) and relate these to your nominee's achievements.
Please provide three letters from others in support of the nomination. Support letters should substantiate your nominee's achievements. If the nomination involves service to the public, support letters should be from recipients of the service if possible.
You may provide material in support of your nomination. Please ensure that this material is succinct and directly relevant to the nomination.
- All support materials must be on 8½ x 11" paper
- Typed, reproduced or clearly hand-written in dark ink.
Submitting a Nomination
The deadline for receipt of nominations is August 31. Nomination forms must be signed by the person submitting the nomination.
All information provided to us is confidential and exclusively for the use of the selection committee.
Submit signed nomination form and materials by:
We cannot accept nominations by fax.
- Courier; or
Saskatchewan Honours and Awards Program
1831 College Avenue
REGINA SK S4P 4V5
Toll free: 1-877-427-5505