Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Settling in Saskatchewan

Find services and information to help you settle into our communities.

1. Community Programs for Families

There are a number of programs and services by Family Resource Centres and community organizations to support families with young children and promote a healthy child development.

2. Get Your Driver's Licence

In Saskatchewan, you need a valid driver's licence to drive a car, SUV or truck.

To get a driver's licence, you must be able to:

  • Operate a vehicle safely and properly;
  • Understand all traffic signs; and
  • Know the rules of the road.

Find information on how to get a driver's licence, learn about auto insurance, gain a better understanding of traffic laws and get driving tips.


3. Manage Your Money

You'll need to open a bank account soon after arriving in Saskatchewan, so that you can keep your money safe and cash any cheques that you receive.

There are many banks that offer the services you need like:

  • Paying bills;
  • Cashing cheques; and
  • Transferring money between countries.

Find information on Saskatchewan's cost of living and learn more about money, banking, taxes and more.


4. Settlement Services

The Government of Saskatchewan is working with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress of Saskatchewan (UCC) to provide a central point of contact and co-ordination to help anyone arriving to the province from Ukraine to connect with the information, services and supports they need. UCC Saskatchewan will be working closely with other settlement service providers, employers and communities.

UCC Saskatchewan has launched a registration process for Ukrainians seeking accommodation in Saskatchewan. For more information, please visit the UCC website. The registration form can be found under the UCC Saskatchewan Ukraine Support Committee- Ukraine Support Info Source section.

For additional supports please contact the UCC at 1‑888‑652‑5850 or email

Learn more about settlement services in Saskatchewan.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve