Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.


Saskatchewan has housing options and support available for displaced Ukrainians.  

1. Housing Support

Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (SHC) has housing units available in both rural and urban communities across the province that can support displaced Ukrainians. SHC will work with community partners and local housing authorities to connect refugees in need with safe housing as they become settled in Saskatchewan. Families, individuals or community organizations can phone SHC at 1-800-667-7567 to apply for housing support.

For support with finding accommodation, you can also contact UCC Saskatchewan. UCC has launched a registration process for Ukrainians to match them with an accommodation that is being donated by Saskatchewan residents and businesses.

Ukrainians settling in Saskatchewan can also contact settlement agencies in Saskatchewan communities for additional supports.

For additional supports, please contact the UCC at 1-888-652-5850 or email


2. Power, Heat, Telephone and Internet Services

If heating, electrical, telephone, or other utilities are not included in your rent, or if you've just bought a home, you'll need to have the utilities connected before you move in. You can apply for most utility hookups online. Connection fees and application requirements may vary with different providers.

SaskTel is automatically waiving all international text message fees and long-distance charges for SaskTel wireless (postpaid and prepaid), landline and business calls and text messages made from Canada to Ukraine. SaskTel is also providing a new SIM card (one per family) and free prepaid cell phone service for up to two months for Ukrainians coming to Saskatchewan. Ukrainians settling in Saskatchewan can visit any SaskTel store to take advantage of this offer (some conditions apply).

SaskTel also made a one-time donation of $50,000 to the Ukrainian Canadian Congress of Saskatchewan (UCC) to help support Ukrainians coming to Saskatchewan to escape the conflict in their home country.


3. Emergency Temporary Accommodations

Emergency temporary accommodations may be available for those arriving in Regina and Saskatoon with no other options. To access registration for emergency temporary accommodations, once you arrive, find and scan a QR code in Regina or Saskatoon airports.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve