Existing Businesses in Provincial Parks
Our commercial business partners are essential to the Saskatchewan Provincial Parks system, collaborating with us to enhance visitor experiences, connect people to nature and encourage new visitors to explore our beautiful parks and recreation sites.
The Business Development and Leasing Unit has a variety of forms and information available to assist existing commercial lessees in the management of their leases.
Are you looking for information on starting a new business in the Saskatchewan Provincial Parks system?Find It Here
The Provincial Park Commercial and Institutional Directives establish a consistent standard and operational guidelines for provincial park commercial lessees and institutional camps to follow to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable park visitation experience.
2. Lease Administration
A variety of forms and information to assist with the management of your commercial business:
- Assignment of Lease Instructions: Outlines the process when selling your business with step-by-step guidance for completing a lease assignment/transfer.
- Assignment of Lease Application: This application needs to be completed when assigning a lease from a current leaseholder to another party.
- Request for Lease Transfer: In order to fulfill any request for the transfer of commercial business operating on park land, this form will need to be completed.
- Consent to Mortgage of Lease Application: When financial assistance is required from a bank or other financial institution you will be required to include the information in this form.
- Capital Investment Credit Application: To claim capital investment and improvement expenses to earn credits, this application is required.
- Application for Third Party Use of Institutional Camps: Institutional Lessees requesting approval for third party use of the camp should review these guidelines and submit the application.
3. Expand an Existing Business
Interested in expanding your business? We are always interested in reviewing expansion proposals from our existing lessees.
To start the process, and well in advance of your desire project start date, complete the Private Investment Application to Expand an Existing Business in Saskatchewan Provincial Parks, providing us details on any additional services, renovations, changes and/or additions to an existing business or leased area.
Once the application is completed email it to email@example.com to obtain ministry approval. Approvals from other regulatory agencies may be required. All permits, licences and applications must be in place before construction may begin.
4. Development/Building Permits
If your new business or your expansion has been approved, there are still a number of permits that may be required:
- Permit to Construct (Commercial Development Projects): When any development project or expansion on Park land is required, this permit will be required.
- Commercial Development/Building Permit Application: This Application requires completion to construct any buildings/structures greater than 100 ft2.
- Commercial Work Authorization: Complete this form when projects are expected to disturb the natural landscape (i.e excavating/trenching).
5. Promote Your Business
Tourism Saskatchewan offers a FREE business listing on their website for all Sask Parks commercial partners. When you visit the Tourism Saskatchewan - Manage Your Tourism Profile page, you will find everything you need to get listed on their site; you can even add photos! This site is searched by over 1.4 million potential customers every year, with easy access to your up-to-date information.