Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Apply for a Certificate of Registration

Before you can recruit a foreign national in Saskatchewan on an employer-specific work permit (also known as a closed work permit), you must register with the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training and obtain a certificate of registration, as outlined under The Foreign Worker Recruitment and Immigration Services Act (FWRISA).

Please note that employers are not required to have a certificate of registration if they are hiring a foreign national who has an open work permit or is in an immigration class that is exempted by federal legislation to require a work permit. These foreign workers are still protected by FWRISA.

FWRISA helps ensure that employers, immigration consultants, and recruiters treat immigrants and foreign workers in a fair, honest, and respectful manner.

Apply for a Certificate of Registration

Before beginning the application process you can refer to the Document Checklist for Certificate of Registration Applications and Renewals to determine which documents you will need.

Register Online

Your application will be reviewed, and you may be issued a certificate of registration. On average, applications are processed within 10 days.

Once you obtain your certificate of registration, you will be eligible to submit job positions to the SINP for approval, to support the permanent residency applications of your foreign workers or to access federal immigration programs that bring foreign workers to Canada.

  • Certificate expiry and renewal process: A certificate of registration is valid for two years. Reminders will be sent to your authorized email when it is up for renewal. Like the process for new registrations, the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training requires employers to provide updated registration information. Registered employers must abide by the terms and conditions in FWRISA.
  • Compliance audits: Registered employers may also be audited for compliance with FWRISA requirements.
  • Access your existing SINP online account: Click on the "Register Online" button to submit a job approval request to support a foreign worker for application to the SINP.

Visit the SINP Online Application Guide for Saskatchewan Employers to learn how to use the online application system.

Determining Employer Eligibility for Registration

To qualify for certificate of registration, employers must show they are “genuinely” operating and will provide viable and stable work for the foreign national. Employers must also show they are following the law. Our goal is to support fair and safe employment for foreign workers.

Saskatchewan has a variety of application requirements to assess an employer’s qualification for registration. Employers may be asked for additional information as well to ensure a good understanding of the employer’s situation in relation to the requirements. Registration will be denied for not meeting the qualifications, following the law or providing these requirements. Applications may also be denied if employers are found to have provided incomplete, false, misleading or inaccurate information in support of their application.

Qualification and Application Requirements

To qualify and meet the application requirements for registration, employers must:

  • be a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada;
  • provide a work location for a foreign worker zoned for commercial operations;
  • actively operate the business as the employer for no less than 12 months;
  • have demonstrated compliance with employment laws by already having employees (non-family members) for a reasonable period given your operation (normally, 12 months); and
  • provide any documentation requested by an officer to support your application, including:
    • financial statements;
    • business plans;
    • incorporation documents;
    • Canada Revenue Agency documents;
    • business licence;
    • lease/rental agreements;
    • business employee attendance and payroll records;
    • business contracts; and
    • contractor permits.

Employers with outstanding, or patterns of employment standards or occupational health and safety issues under The Saskatchewan Employment Act may not be eligible for registration. As well, employers with an unsatisfactory history with employing foreign nationals or other employees may not be eligible to receive a certificate of registration.

Employers are also required to disclose third-party representatives (i.e. foreign worker recruiters and immigration consultants) aiding during the recruitment process as defined in guidelines.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve