Saskatchewan Corrections is looking for new employees to join our team and contribute to a safer province. If you are qualified to be registered with the Saskatchewan Professional Teachers Regulatory Board as a certified teacher and looking for an exciting and rewarding career in a collaborative and interesting environment, then a career in Corrections might be right for you.
Education in Saskatchewan Corrections is delivered by highly dedicated professional teacher therapists. Teacher therapists work in a variety of youth and adult centres. In youth centres, the day program consists of regular schooling for all youth offenders. In adult settings, offenders apply to receive education as part of their rehabilitative program.
Teacher therapists deliver education programming to both youth and adult offenders, which includes:
- The K-12 Saskatchewan curriculum;
- Adult Basic Education 12 program;
- Leveled Literacy Interventions;
- GED preparation and testing for adult offenders; and
- Remedial numeracy and literacy programming for both youth and adult offenders.
Employees are provided a wide variety of advantages such as:
- Interesting work: Corrections is a fascinating field with opportunities to work directly with offenders.
- Learning and development: Employees have access to ongoing specialized training and development opportunities.
- Rewarding work: Employees contribute to changing lives and protecting citizens of our province and nation.
- Benefits: Flexible work schedules (work/life balance); union affiliation; competitive wages; excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance; and a generous pension plan.