Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) can suspend a driver's licence if they believe someone has used altered identification or loaned their identification for fraudulent purposes. It is a criminal offence to alter a drivers licence in any way.
If you have been affected by a decision regarding the misuse of identification, you can file an appeal with the Highway Traffic Board (HTB).
To schedule an appeal hearing with the HTB, call 1-855-775-8336.
What to Expect at the Hearing:
- Driver's licence appeal hearings are informal, conducted in person, scheduled during the day, and take place in Regina or Saskatoon.
- You will appear before three board members.
- The hearing will take about 30 minutes.
- The board members will consider your SGI driver information.
- The board members will ask you questions about the action taken by SGI against your licence; measure the risk to public safety against the details of your suspension; and make a decision that is in the public's best interest.
- Following your hearing, the HTB can maintain, alter, or reverse SGI's decision.
- You will be notified within one week of your hearing about the HTB's decision.
- The decision is binding and cannot be appealed.