Homeownership Opportunities in Northern Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation is selling up to 50 homes to Housing program tenants in select northern communities. Homes will be sold at fair market value for the communities. This initiative is available for a limited time.
The funds from the sales of these homes will be used to meet northern housing needs.
1. Benefits for Tenants
Housing program tenants who are renting in select communities with few homeownership options will have the opportunity to purchase their home (subject to Saskatchewan Housing Corporation approval).
2. Who Can Purchase a Home
You may be able to purchase a home if you:
- are a Housing program tenant;
- are able to obtain financing to purchase a home; and
- pay any arrears owed to a housing authority or Saskatchewan Housing Corporation before the sale is finalized.
Homes are for sale in Northern Saskatchewan Administration District (NSAD) communities that have limited housing options. This initiative is not available in La Ronge, Air Ronge, Creighton or Denare Beach, as these communities have active housing markets.
3. How to Get Started
- Download and complete the following forms:
- Meet with your bank or credit union and obtain a letter showing the pre-qualified mortgage financing amount.
- Forward the completed forms to your local housing authority.
A Saskatchewan Housing Corporation representative will contact you.
4. Further Information
To learn more about this northern homeownership initiative, please review:
- The Homeownership Opportunities in Northern Saskatchewan brochure
- Questions and Answers about this initiative