Primary Health Care for Teams
Team based primary health care allows all team members to work to the top of their scope of practice, and increases patient access to better coordinated and expanded services.
When health care providers work in teams, they can build on each other’s strengths. Being part of a team is empowering, and supports a better work-life balance.
Patients benefit as well when they are connected to a team. Having access to a variety of team members means that patients can see the right provider at the right time and they have increased support in managing their health.
1. Team Designed Primary Health Care
- Watch a video on how members of the primary health care team in Meadow Lake work together to improve patient care.
- Watch a video on the partnership between the community of Cudworth and health care providers and the importance of shared decision making.
- Watch a video on how the community of Tisdale and health care providers are working together to address the health needs of the community.
- Watch a video on how the Rural West primary health care team focuses on programs and services designed around the needs of patients.
2. Helping Your Patients Manage Their Health
See a list of resources that can help your patients manage their own health.