The Government of Saskatchewan announced on June 3, 2020, that this year's First Nations and Métis Community Partnership Projects will focus on locally developed projects related to issues raised by the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG). Special consideration will be given to applications for initiatives addressing the vulnerabilities within society that lead to risks for inter-personal violence.
Interested organizations are encouraged to discuss their proposals before submitting applications by contacting email@example.com or 306-798-0183. The application deadline for this current intake is September 11, 2020. Applicants will be contacted thereafter. The second intake deadline for applications is December 15, 2020.
The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to advancing reconciliation in partnership with First Nations and Métis people, as well as all Saskatchewan citizens.
Consider applying for a Community Partnership Project Grant if your group is partnering with First Nations and/or Métis communities, agencies or non-profit organizations on an innovative project that fits into one of the following categories:
- Safe Communities
- Strong Families
- Student Achievement
- Economic Growth
Under this grant, the Ministry of Government Relations’ First Nations and Métis Relations Unit may award a maximum of:
- $15,000 for community projects
- $45,000 for regional or multi-party projects
You can apply for this grant if you are an authorized representative(s) of a Saskatchewan-based:
- First Nations Band Council or Tribal Council;
- Métis Nation-Saskatchewan Local, Métis Region;
- First Nations or Métis representative organization;
- Indigenous non-profit organization*;
- Non-Indigenous, non-profit organization seeking partnerships with Indigenous communities or whose programs/services benefit a primarily First Nations or Métis clientele*; or
* Please note that non-profits must provide an incorporation number to confirm "active" status with Information Services Corporation to be eligible to apply.
For additional details about how to apply, download this Community Partnership Project Grant fact sheet.
For more information
If you have questions about the Community Partnership Project Grant Program or the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the First Nation and Métis Relations Unit at 306-798-0183.