- Get your deer, moose, elk or caribou tested.
- Avoid long-distance movements with your deer carcass.
- All transported carcass waste should be double-bagged and taken to a permitted landfill.
- Handle and dispose of your carcass in a responsible manner.
- If you hunt out of province, only bring back low-risk parts (deboned meat, cleaned skull plate, antlers, finished taxidermy mount).
- Stay up to date on the latest hunting regulations.
- Keep hunting and support ongoing efforts to control the disease by submitting heads for testing in ministry target areas.
Hunters can help reduce the spread of CWD to new areas of the province. Carcasses should be field dressed and deboned near the harvest location or, if dressing/deboning at another site, transported no more than 80 km.
Further information can be found in the Hunters section of the CWD Alliance website. Videos are also available.