Environmental Health legislation, regulations, standards and other supporting documents help minimize or prevent the risk of illness or injury to the public.
Legislation, Regulations and Standards
- The Public Health Act, 1994
- The Sanitation Regulations
- The Health Hazard Regulations (includes sections that address tanning facilities)
- The Private Sewage Works Regulations
- The Shoreland Pollution Control Regulations, 1976
- The Swimming Pool Regulations, 1999
- The Public Accommodations Regulations
- The Public Health Appeals Regulations
- The Public Health Forms Regulations
- The Public Health Officers Regulations
You can find environmental health guidelines, best management practices documents and fact sheets by visiting the Environment, Public Health and Safety section and clicking on a specific topic.