Financial assistance through the Assisted Adoption Program is available to all Domestic Adoptions involving children that have an identified predisposition to a physical, mental or emotional disability that impacts their health and development.
This program supports children:
- With a wide range of special needs
- Placed as part of a sibling group
- Whose family requires additional supports
- Have been adopted by extended family
Financial assistance available through this program may include:
- Monthly maintenance
- Special needs benefits based on an approved case plan
- Supplementary Health Program benefits.