Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Saskatchewan Public Complaints Commission

The Public Complaints Commission (PCC) receives, investigates and reviews complaints against municipal police.

The PCC is a five-person, non-police body appointed by the government. It is responsible for ensuring that both the public and police receive a fair and thorough investigation of a complaint against the municipal police or an investigation of a possible criminal offence by a municipal police officer.

The PCC will determine whether investigations should be conducted by:

  • the PCC itself, through its investigative arm;
  • the police service against whose member the complaint was made;
  • the police service with an outside observer; or
  • a separate police service.

If serious injury or death has occurred while a person was in police custody or as a result of a police action, the municipal police service or RCMP detachment concerned must request that the Deputy Minister of Justice appoint an investigation observer from another police service or RCMP detachment. This investigation observer will monitor the investigation and report back to the Deputy Minister of Justice.


1. Make a Complaint

You may submit a complaint against a municipal police service by visiting the Make a Complaint about the Police Service page.

Complaints about the RCMP can be made to:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Complaints and Administrative Investigative Support Services (C.A.I.S.S.)
Regina, Saskatchewan
Phone: (306) 780-7509


Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP
Ottawa, Ontario
Phone: 1-800-665-6878


2. Annual Reports

You may view the Public Complaints Commission's annual reports in the Publications Centre.


3. Legislation

The Public Complaints Commission was established by The Police Act, 1990. The Act provides separate rules in cases where an out-of-province police officer has been appointed as a police officer in Saskatchewan. Where a Saskatchewan police officer has been appointed as a police officer in another province that is subject to a public complaint, the incident will be treated as if it took place in Saskatchewan.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve