Some basic information before you begin:
- The courses do not need to be completed all at once – they can be stopped and started as often as necessary to fit busy work schedules.
- The courses are divided into several modules, each representing a separate theme that can be completed one at a time, or the courses can be completed from start to finish in one sitting.
- There is a voice over introducing each lesson.
- The sound can also be turned on or off as desired by clicking the "OFF" or "PLAY" button on the top of each page.
- No information is missed if the user does not have speakers or a sound card.
- All voice is repeated in text form in the course.
Please check with your supervisor for any specific expectations in your work place.
Choose the training tool you wish to take below.
Access and Privacy in the Government of Saskatchewan
This training tool provides an overview of the access and privacy laws and principles that apply to government institutions in Saskatchewan under The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and The Health Information Protection Act. It provides an overview of the process that occurs when individuals seek to access government records and will assist employees working in ministries, agencies, boards, commissions and Crown corporations to understand their responsibilities regard the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and personal health information and how to safeguard that information.
Access and Privacy Course for Saskatchewan Local Authorities
This course provides an overview of the access and privacy laws and principles that apply to local authorities in Saskatchewan under The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. It will be relevant to employees who work in local authorities such as rural and municipal governments, school boards, post-secondary institutions, the Saskatchewan Health Authority and other organizations that are subject to the legislation.