In the best interest of public health, authentication services provided in person will be suspended until further notice. Only mail-in services will be available during this time.
If you have any questions, please call 306-787-2951 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
There are a variety of documents, such as powers of attorney and death/birth certificates, requested by consulates, embassies and foreign governments that may require authentication.
To get a notarized document authenticated by signature, send the document to:
Ministry of Justice and Attorney General
800 - 1874 Scarth Street
Regina SK S4P 4B3
Hours of business: Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., Closed statutory holidays
Process of authentication (please allow up to three to five days):
- The Deputy Attorney General will verify that the Notary's signature is valid.
- A certificate signed by the Lieutenant Governor will verify the Deputy Attorney General's signature.
- The document is then stamped with the Great Seal of Saskatchewan and is considered authenticated.
- Documents are returned to the client.
The fee for authentication is $50 per certificate, to be paid by cheque, or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance.
Mail in documents are returned by regular mail.
- If you need your documents immediately, please include a pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope (such as Xpresspost).