Released on November 22, 2018
This evening, Deputy Premier Gordon Wyant on behalf of Premier Scott Moe will present four individuals and four teams with awards for their outstanding contributions to the public service.
“It’s important for us to take time to recognize the outstanding efforts of our public servants as their work benefits so many across Saskatchewan,” Wyant said. “Our province is stronger because of the people who serve it and the recipients we honour tonight have shown exceptional dedication to ensure we are providing outstanding service to the people of Saskatchewan.”
The Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service has been recognizing exceptional work for 15 years. Honourable mentions are provided to third parties and/or private sector partners who have assisted team recipients in their projects.
The 2018 individual and team recipients are:
Individuals and teams from across government, including ministries, agencies, boards and crown corporations, are nominated for the Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service by their peers, the public, stakeholder organizations and clients and citizens. Final selections are made by an independent committee.
- Khang Nguyen, Public Service Commission (Emerging Leader)
- Brent Preston, Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety (Emerging Leader)
- Erin Layton, Legal Aid Saskatchewan (Individual)
- Kevin Mooney, Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (Individual)
- The Health System Restructuring Transition Team, Saskatchewan Health Authority
- The Joint-Use School Early Learning Workshop Group Team, Ministry of Education
- The Ready to Work – Tourism Careers Team, Tourism Saskatchewan
- The Regina Bypass Project – Phase I Completion Team, Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure
For more information on the Premier’s Award for Excellence in the Public Service, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/honoursawards.
For more information, contact: