Released on July 19, 2017
SASKGAMING REPORTS NET INCOME OF $48.8 MILLION
SaskGaming earned $48.8 million in net income and made a significant contribution to the General Revenue Fund (GRF) of $24.4 million in the 12 month period ending March 31, 2017. A comprehensive review of the corporation’s 2016-17 financial results are detailed in SaskGaming’s annual report, which was released today.
“Through sound fiscal management and an unwavering commitment to its core values, SaskGaming continues to be a profitable corporation that delivers an important net benefit to the people of this province,” Minister Responsible for SaskGaming Christine Tell said. “By way of Casinos Regina and Moose Jaw, the corporation contributed to numerous charitable initiatives and organizations throughout Saskatchewan, and provided quality employment in the communities it serves.”
In 2016-17, SaskGaming marked Casino Regina’s 20th anniversary. In two decades, the corporation has contributed more than $530 million to the GRF in support of Saskatchewan communities and people. Funds paid to the GRF are distributed equally to the First Nations Trust and the Community Initiatives Fund (CIF); a portion of the CIF funds are also directed to the Clarence Campeau Development Fund.
“At the core of our business is the delivery of an outstanding customer experience to our guests at Casinos Regina and Moose Jaw,” SaskGaming President and CEO Susan Flett said. “Last year, our employees entertained more than 3.5 million visitors and achieved impressive mystery shopper and guest satisfaction scores, all while contributing to our corporation’s overall success.”
2016-17 Financial Highlights:
2016-17 Operational Highlights:
- Revenue - $124.2 million in the 12 month period of 2016-17, compared to $158.2 million in the 15 month period of 2015-16
- Expenses - $75.4 million in the 12 month period of 2016-17, compared to $92.8 million in the 15 month period of 2015-16
- Income before payment to the GRF - $48.8 million in the 12 month period of 2016-17, compared to $65.4 million in the 15 month period of 2015-16
- Payment to the GRF - $24.4 million (split equally between the First Nations Trust and CIF)
- Dividend to the Crown Investments Corporation - $29.5 million
To view a copy of SaskGaming’s 2016-17 Annual Report, visit www.saskgaming.com.
- Total guest count of more than 3.5 million.
- Achieved Guest Satisfaction score of 80.0 per cent
- Achieved Guest Opinion of Safety on Premises score of 85.4 per cent
- Achieved Mystery Shopper score of 96.6 per cent
- Launched new fundraising event, Charity Championship, which raised more than $72,000 for 30 Saskatchewan charities
For more information, contact:
Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation