Released on February 29, 2016Construction on the new Saskatchewan Hospital North Battleford project is on track for completion by spring 2018 and is proceeding within budget. Construction, which continued through the winter months, has now included bulk excavation, formwork, concrete work and backfilling.
Track the progress being made by viewing the construction site webcam online 24 hours a day, seven days a week at www.pnrha.ca/bins/content_page.asp?cid=24209-24587&lang=1&pre=view.
“I hear every day how meaningful the new SHNB will be to our community,” Environment Minister and The Battlefords MLA Herb Cox said. “I applaud all our Saskatchewan companies for working hard to keep construction on schedule. The new facility will mean so much to patients and their families.”
To date, the project has already involved 11 local businesses. The project is expected to create approximately 1,500 construction-related jobs in Saskatchewan:
- North Battleford - Clifton Assoc. – geotechnical services
- North Battleford - G&C Asphalt – concrete supply
- Saskatoon – Ardel Steel – rebar supply
- Saskatoon – D-Code Engineering Ltd. – code consultant
- Saskatoon – Global Empire Reinforcing – rebar installation
- Saskatoon – Graham Construction – design builder
- Saskatoon – Nordic Fence – fencing and gates to site boundary
- Saskatoon – Pavement Scientific International Inc. – earthworks
- Saskatoon – P. Machibroda Engineering Ltd. – geotechnical investigation
- Saskatoon – William Scotsman – project office supply
- Saskatoon – WSP Canada Inc. – mechanical/electrical/IMIT services
This is an innovative approach for delivering mental health care and supports to two separate groups of people with significant psychiatric rehabilitation needs.
For more information, contact:
Prairie North Health Region