Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Consider Adding Tenant Insurance to Your Back-to-School Shopping List

Released on August 11, 2015

Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) is reminding post-secondary students who are renting this fall to consider tenant insurance.

“Tenant insurance is one of those things where it’s really better to be safe than sorry,” FCAA Insurance and Real Estate Division Director Ian McIntosh said.  “In a lot of ways it protects your peace of mind as much as it protects your property and your bank account.”

Tenant insurance may provide coverage for:
  • personal property damaged or lost due to fire, water damage, vandalism, theft or other unforeseen circumstances;
  • personal liability for injuries guests suffer in your rental;
  • damage to the rental or surrounding properties; and
  • living expenses if you temporarily need to find another place to live due to repairs, fire, or other circumstances.

Your insurance provider will be able to assist you in selecting the coverage that best meets your needs.  Coverage and exceptions to coverage will vary between different insurance providers and policies.  Before buying a policy, read it carefully and make sure you know exactly what it does and does not cover.

For more helpful information for first-time renters, check out the FCAA’s top five tips for renters at


For more information, contact:

Noel Busse
Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority
Phone: 306-798-4160

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve