Communities Implementing a Municipal Housing Plan
The Encouraging Community Housing Options (ECHO) - Action Component Program provides a grant to municipalities and regional partnerships to carry out the strategies they have identified in a housing plan to address a housing need identified through an assessment.
A provincial grant of up to $10,000 may be provided to municipalities and regional partnerships to match eligible municipal expenses.
Municipalities or regional partnerships must:
- have populations over 2,500;
- have an Official Community Plan or be in the process of developing one; (in the case of a regional partnership, the lead municipality must take on this responsibility);
- prove that implementing the strategy will address a housing need identified in a housing plan or another type of assessment; and
- contribute an amount at least equal to the funding request.
This program only applies to off-reserve housing.
Funding is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Funds must be used within six months of signing the agreement.
3. How to apply
- Confirm that your municipality or regional partnership is eligible.
- Download the Community Housing Options Application Form
- Complete the application form, including:
- confirmation letters or agreements, if applying as regional partnerships;
- investments from the municipality;
- a budget summary of estimated total expenses; and
- proof that an action strategy will address a housing need.
- Mail or deliver the application form and required documents to:
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
225 First Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X2
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays
OR, email them to ECHO@gov.sk.ca