Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

File a Weed Control Appeal

The Weed Control Appeals Committee (WCAC) hears and decides appeals about weed control orders.

Below are the steps to file a weed control order appeal.


1. Overview

The WCAC hears and decides appeals from decisions made by a municipality regarding weed control orders.


2. Guidance

You may appeal to the WCAC if you received a decision regarding your weed control appeal from your municipality.


3. Eligibility

When you receive a decision from your municipality, you may appeal to the WCAC if:

  • you have an issue with the municipality's decision; and
  • Criteria:
  • it's within 15 days of receiving the decision; and
  • you submit a notice of appeal clearly explaining the issues with the decision.

4. How to Apply

If you are eligible to apply:

  1. Prepare a letter, clearly explaining the issues with the municipality's decision.

  2. Submit your letter to the WCAC:
    • personally by emailing, submitting online or delivering;
    • by registered mail; or
    • by regular mail.

  3. Mail or deliver a copy of your notice of appeal to your municipality.

5. Apply

Contact the WCAC to file an appeal.


6. Further Information

Legislation that applies to the WCAC includes:

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve