Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

File a Road Maintenance Agreement Appeal

The Road Maintenance Agreement Committee (RMAC) hears and decides appeals about road maintenance agreements.

Below are the steps to file a road maintenance agreement appeal.


1. Overview

The RMAC hears and decides road maintenance agreement issues involving:

  • whether an agreement is required; or
  • the terms included in the agreement.

2. Guidance

A municipality may request you enter into an agreement for maintaining the municipality's roads.

You may appeal to the RMAC if:

  • the municipality contacted you to enter into a road maintenance agreement; or
  • there is disagreement with the existing terms.

3. Eligibility

When a municipality contacts you to reach a road maintenance agreement, you may appeal to the RMAC if:

  • you're not sure an agreement is required; or
  • there is disagreement with the terms of the proposed agreement.

When you and the municipality have reached a road maintenance agreement, you may appeal to the RMAC if:

  • there is disagreement with the terms.

4. How to Apply

If you are eligible to apply:

  1. Complete the notice of appeal, clearly explaining:
    • the issues with the agreement or the terms; and
    • whether or not dispute resolution has occurred and any details of the dispute resolution process.

  2. Submit the application to the RMAC:
    • personally by emailing, submitting online or delivering;
    • by registered mail; or
    • by regular mail.

5. Apply

Notice of Appeal to the Road Maintenance Agreement Committee

  • Step 1 (Saving file): Right-click on "Notice of Appeal to the Road Maintenance Agreement Committee" then select "Save Link as..." or "Save Target as..." and save the file to your computer.
  • Step 2 (Opening file): Open the PDF using Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe®Reader®, version 8 or later.

6. Further Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve