File a Road Maintenance Agreement Appeal
The Road Maintenance Agreement Committee (RMAC) hears and decides appeals about road maintenance agreements.
Below are the steps to file a road maintenance agreement appeal.
The RMAC hears and decides road maintenance agreement issues involving:
- whether an agreement is required; or
- the terms included in the agreement.
A municipality may request you enter into an agreement for maintaining the municipality's roads.
You may appeal to the RMAC if:
- the municipality contacted you to enter into a road maintenance agreement; or
- there is disagreement with the existing terms.
When a municipality contacts you to reach a road maintenance agreement, you may appeal to the RMAC if:
- you're not sure an agreement is required; or
- there is disagreement with the terms of the proposed agreement.
When you and the municipality have reached a road maintenance agreement, you may appeal to the RMAC if:
- there is disagreement with the terms.
4. How to Apply
If you are eligible to apply:
- Complete the notice of appeal, clearly explaining:
- the issues with the agreement or the terms; and
- whether or not dispute resolution has occurred and any details of the dispute resolution process.
- personally by emailing, submitting online or delivering;
- by registered mail; or
- by regular mail.
- Step 1 (Saving file): Right-click on "Notice of Appeal to the Road Maintenance Agreement Committee" then select "Save Link as..." or "Save Target as..." and save the file to your computer.
- Step 2 (Opening file): Open the PDF using Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe®Reader®, version 8 or later.