When you receive an order from a provincial fire inspector, or when you receive a decision regarding your property's condition from the Fire Commissioner, you may appeal to the FPAC if:
- you have an issue with the order or decision; and
- it's within 15 days of receiving the decision; and
- you submit a notice of appeal clearly identifying the issues with the order or decision.
When you receive a judgement certificate for costs to fix something on your property, or when the Minister of Government Relations has made a decision about your judgement certificate, you may appeal to the FPAC if:
- you believe the costs of the judgement certificate are not reasonable; and
- it's within 30 days of receiving the certificate or decision; and
- you submit a notice of appeal clearly identifying and explaining why the costs are unreasonable.