The initiative also helps health organizations develop, implement, and evaluate local mentorship activities in Saskatchewan.
- To improve recruitment and retention rates;
- To facilitate transition into working in health care;
- To assist with succession planning;
- To increase understanding, awareness, and insight into the benefits and contributions of mentorship to quality workplaces;
- To promote a mentorship culture within health workplaces in Saskatchewan;
- To recognize leadership of experienced staff;
- To promote receptiveness toward new employees; and
- To contribute to respectful workplaces.
After obtaining employment with a health organization, new hires are encouraged to contact the local mentorship coordinator to formally register in the Provincial Mentorship Initiative. Mentors and new employees are encouraged to attend a mentorship workshop. Workshop attendance will support the development of a strong and effective mentorship relationship.
Central mentorship coordination will be provided through mentorship consultants in Saskatoon and Regina. This includes developing the mentorship guidelines and program tools, supporting the regional initiatives in the implementation phases, assisting in planning and developing mentorship workshops, and ensuring evaluation is conducted.
For more information about the mentorship program, contact the local mentorship coordinator nearest you.