The Corporate Procurement Committee (CPC) consists of members from major Saskatchewan corporations representing:
- Crown corporations;
- government ministries; and
- the private sector.
The mission of the Corporate Procurement Committee is to promote Saskatchewan economic growth by developing quality, competitive suppliers of goods and services in Saskatchewan.
CPC Goals and Objectives
- Maximize Saskatchewan content in the acquisitions of goods and services in accordance with trade agreements.
- Increase awareness of Saskatchewan supplier capabilities.
- Encourage the export of goods and services by Saskatchewan suppliers.
- Identify opportunities to Saskatchewan suppliers.
- Share procurement best practices.
- Maximize Aboriginal content in the acquisition of goods and services.
- Encourage the implementation of Quality Assurance Programs by Saskatchewan suppliers.
This is accomplished by:
- Meeting as a committee four times a year.
- Sharing information on suppliers, new products, success stories, and Saskatchewan and Aboriginal content statistics.
- Visiting supplier facilities in conjunction with meetings.
- Providing information to the Ministry of Trade and Export Development to maintain databases (eg. Saskatchewan Manufacturers Guide).
- Sharing information on policies and programs under privacy guidelines established and reviewed on a periodic basis.
- Encouraging Saskatchewan content in procurement processes with major contractors.