Odyssey French Language Assistant Program
The Odyssey Program helps to assign full-time language assistants to schools across Saskatchewan.
Hosting a language assistant allows school divisions and recognized post-secondary teaching institutions to:
- Provide an additional opportunity for students to interact in French;
- Help students learn more about different Francophone cultures; and
- Support language learning in a school environment.
To apply to the Odyssey program, a school division or recognized post-secondary teaching institution must:
- Offer French Immersion, French courses at the post-secondary level, or French as a minority language instruction;
- Appoint a supervising teacher; and
- Gain approval from the Director of Education / Dean of the faculty (for post-secondary institutions).
3. How to Apply
5. Further Information
Language assistants will be assigned to school divisions in May and June 2023.
Saskatchewan English language assistants can also participate in this program to work in Quebec and New Brunswick.
The Odyssey Program is funded by Council of Ministers of Education of Canada (CMEC).