As of June 1, 2018, Operating Authority Certificates are no longer required to obtain a Class PB (transporting passengers for hire) registration in Saskatchewan.
The requirements that are needed to obtain a Class PB registration are as follows:
- Hold a valid class 2 or class 4 driver's licence to operate a Class PB vehicle; dependent on the vehicle. Note: some class PB vehicles can be operated with a class 5 driver's licence; contact SGI for clarification.
- Hold a National Safety Code (NSC) number. An NSC number will be assigned if the registered owner doesn't already have one.
- Hold a valid liability insurance policy:
- 15 passengers or less – $1 million minimum coverage
- 16 or more passengers – $3 million minimum coverage
- Have a Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection (PMVI) in order to operate. A PMVI inspection is required every 12 months for vehicles operated within Saskatchewan and every 6 months for vehicles operated outside of Saskatchewan.
- Not operate the vehicle as a taxi or rideshare vehicle.
If you have any further questions, please contact your local SGI Motor Licence Issuer or email email@example.com.