Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Fuel Tax Returns

Licensed remitters and licensed importers of fuel must remit to the Ministry of Finance by the last day of every month:

  • an amount equal to the lesser of the actual tax payable for the period, beginning on the first day of the month and ending on the 15th day of the month; and
  • the amount equal to one half of the tax payable for the preceding month.

On the 20th of the month, the actual tax for the preceding month (less the tax paid on the last day of the preceding month) is payable.


1. Eligibility

Licensed remitters and licensed importers of fuel must file a Fuel Tax Return by the 20th of the month following the purchase of their fuel products.

International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) registrants must file their tax return quarterly by the last day of the month following the end of the quarter.


2. How To File

All Fuel Tax Returns are now filed electronically. Click the link below to navigate to the Saskatchewan Electronic Tax Service (SETS), which is an online service that offers a secure, fast and convenient way to file your Fuel Tax Return.

File using SETS

Payments can be made on SETS or through internet banking.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve