Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

File an Appeal Regarding Provincial Taxes

The Board of Revenue Commissioners (BRC) hears and decides appeals about taxes assessed by the province.

Below are the steps to file an appeal with the BRC.


1. Overview

The BRC hears and decides appeals regarding taxes assessed by the province.

The BRC also considers requests from Treasury Board for authorization to cancel, write-off or adjust money owed to the Government of Saskatchewan.


2. Guidance

If you've recently received a notice of assessment outlining taxes payable to the Government of Saskatchewan, and you don't agree with it, you may be able to appeal to the BRC.

You may appeal to the BRC for notices involving:

  • any provincial tax you've been assessed;
  • an estimate of any provincial tax and/or a request for payment of the estimate;
  • royalties for Crown minerals; or
  • taxes for mineral rights.

3. Eligibility

You may appeal to the BRC if:

  • you have been assessed or received an estimate;
  • you have an issue with the assessment or estimate;
  • you've received the assessment or estimate within the last 30 days; and
  • you submit a notice of appeal clearly explaining reasons for appealing, including relevant facts.

4. How to Apply

If you are eligible to apply:

  1. Complete the notice of appeal, including reasons.
  2. Submit your notice to the BRC:
    • personally by emailing, submitting online or delivering; or
    • by registered mail.

5. Apply

Notice of Appeal to the Board of Revenue Commissioners

  • Step 1 (Saving file): Right-click on "Notice of Appeal to the Board of Revenue Commissioners" then select "Save Link as..." or "Save Target as..." and save the file to your computer.
  • Step 2 (Opening file): Open the PDF using Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe®Reader®, version 8 or later.

6. Further Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve