Eligible projects must meet the minimum requirements as outlined by the NHCF and must be rented to households with incomes at, or below, the Saskatchewan Housing Income Maximum-Low for a minimum of 10 years.
Sponsors are eligible to apply if they:
- are private (for-profit) corporations, non-profit groups, co-operatives, Indigenous governments and organizations (including First Nations bands, tribal councils and Métis organizations), or municipalities (including agencies);
- are in good standing with SHC;
- are registered businesses in the province of Saskatchewan;
- agree to Government of Saskatchewan Conflict of Interest guidelines;
- have demonstrated property management and development experience; and
- agree to enter into an operating agreement with SHC.
- All Saskatchewan communities, including Northern villages, are encouraged to apply.
- SCIP applies to off-reserve housing only.
- Projects must be considered independent living and must not be licensed.