The Uniform Building and Accessibility Standards Act (the UBAS Act) was replaced by The Construction Codes Act (the CC Act) on January 1, 2022.
All forms, documents, orders, bylaws and permits issued under the UBAS Act remain valid under the CC Act unless these items conflict with the CC Act, in which case the provisions of the CC Act take priority.
The Codes and Standards that apply to the construction, renovation and the fire safe operation of buildings throughout Saskatchewan include:
- National Building Code
- National Fire Code
- National Plumbing Code
- National Energy Code for Buildings
Application of Codes and Standards are a shared responsibility between:
- Building owners – responsible for compliance with the standards
- Local authorities – responsible for administration and enforcement of standards
- Building officials, plumbing and fire inspectors – work for the local authorities
- Government – provides legislative, regulatory and policy framework
- Architects, engineers and contractors – provide services to building owners
For a list of available advisories, guides, forms and handbooks, go to Building and Technical Standards section in the Government of Saskatchewan's Publication Centre.