Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Hazardous Discharge (Spills) Reporting

Many widely used chemicals and other substances can be hazardous in the event of a discharge or release. The Ministry of Environment ensures that responsible parties manage discharges appropriately, to ensure public safety and to protect the environment. Prompt reporting is a critical first step.

The ministry has specially trained Environmental Emergencies Officers to assist with discharges (spills), to help limit impacts caused by the discharge. These responders are on call 24/7.


1. Guidance

Any discharge, release or emergency that may harm the environment or pose a risk to public health or safety must be reported immediately – it's the law. If you're unsure if a discharge is reportable, you should still call it in right away. There's no harm in calling if the incident turns out to be minor. The consequences for failing to report, or delaying, can be significant. Remember: when in doubt, give us a shout.

For discharges exceeding reportable limits as defined by legislation, the responsible party must also submit a Written Discharge Report within 30 days.


2. Report a Discharge

To report a discharge, call toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-667-7525

To report a discharge that exceeds reportable limits as defined by legislation, complete a Written Discharge Report and submit through Environment Business Services.


3. Report a Discovery

To report a discovery, please complete a Historical Discovery Report and submit via the Environmental Business Services portal.


To request more information about a specific spill, please complete an Access to Information Request and email to

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve