The Western Regulators Forum (WRF) was established to promote collaboration and pursue mutual priorities among oil and gas regulators in Western Canada:
- the Alberta Energy Regulator;
- the British Columbia Oil and Gas Commission;
- the Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources;
- the National Energy Board of Canada; and
- the Office of the Regulator of Oil and Gas Operations for the Northwest Territories.
The structure of the WRF includes a Board, Executive Committee and Secretariat of the member organizations. The Strategic Plan consists of the vision, goals and mandate of the WRF. The Terms of Reference outline the purpose, mandate, membership, terms of operation and authority of the WRF.
The WRF is currently collaborating on several projects of mutual interest and priority among the oil and gas regulators in Western Canada.